05-22-2012 05:11 PM
Got a playbook for mother's day and I have been enjoying it a lot but I can't launch the desktop manager. I have downloaded it and installed it but when I try to open it closed. I have removed it and reinstalled but no change. I am running Microsoft xp with sp3. I have read and done some of the suggestions mention on this forum.
05-22-2012 07:30 PM
05-22-2012 09:21 PM
I have done removing all the rim software, redownloading, follow one of the forum post step. Try installing without McAfee active and now running out of idea.
05-23-2012 09:27 AM
05-23-2012 02:50 PM
OK...well, just in case (and because, from your words, I cannot tell all of the things you may or may not have done...)...
I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).
1) Remove your device OS update package(s) from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
7) Retry whatever process was desired.
Hopefully that will get things going again.
Good luck and let us know!