Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Intellisync Error: Error encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3.

I have two BB Pearls... on one of them I get the error message above when I try to sync with Outlook 2003.

The other Pearl syncs all right.

What could be causing this error and how do I correct it????

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: Intellisync Error: Error encountered. Error code - 0x80040fb3.

Hey,

I have a BB 8310 that I am trying to synch with my work Outlook (Outlook 2003). Everthing seems okay but my Calendar synch cause a repeated error (0x80040fb3) any ideas?

Also, the Desktop Manager Software (v.4.5) is really lame. It gives you very little flexibility and almost no utility to configure your device via your PC... any comments

MR

I had this same error and figured out the address book entry that was having a problem had a picture associated with the contact information.  You can tell which address book entry is causing the error by viewing the "details" when synchronizing and it's the first in the list. This may help someone who has the same problem I did.
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

mrichey1006 wrote:
but my Calendar synch cause a repeated error (0x80040fb3)

Something very interesting with these error codes, is that they are very explicit... event if they seem like secret codes. I just took it and made a search on the Blackberry Technical Solution Center and found the answer :

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14818&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

There are no Neos in the Matrixberry, so I guess that's what these codes are for, just links to the answers. Smiley Wink

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I have done everything suggested to fix this problem and canNOT find out WHAT in my address book, all of a sudden, is messing up the desktop sync.  I get to the place where I can accept changes, and as soon as I do, I get this message again.  I don't know what to do next but my bb has not been sync'd now for 10 days and it's a mess. 

I've checked the detail info as I try to sync and all I see are calendar entries.  Nothing showing a mess in the address book?  I've reviewed the address book and cannot find a problem. 

HELP!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi, do you have a blank contact by any chance?

Please let me know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Not that I can tell - but I do have multiple addresses where there's only a name and notes inside.  But I've done that for awhile ...

Thanks. 

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I thin it would be time to try resetting your sync program to only sync addresses, that way it will help you to

see where in the address book, you get the error (at lease by time).

Do you agree?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Sure can't hurt.  I will try it and let you know what happens.  I'm getting pretty desperate.  My calendar is all screwed up at this point and totally out of sync. 

Thanks. 

New Contributor

Okay- you are going to think I'm nuts, but one of the things I had done is go through and update a whole bunch of addresses while I was looking for errors ... so ... before I changed the sync to just addresses, I tried one more time to sync the calendar and addresses.  It did.  I have no CLUE what I fixed, but one thing that did show up were discrepancies between the two - pc and bb - and I just said throughout the whole, change to the highlighted versions. 

Whatever did it, it's working.  THANK YOU for your time.  If it happens again, I will take your suggestion first. 

Woo hoo!