Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Intellisync "Warning code - 0x3b21" problem with clean DM 4.6 install

I am running Microsoft XP with Outlook 2003

A coworker of mine bought a blackBerry bold last week and asked me if I would help set it up. I ran the installation disc to install Desktop Manager so that I could sync the bold with Outlook 2003 (we do not have an exchange server so I am using the BlackBerry Redirector). However, when I attempt to go through the initial Synchronize -> Configuration Synchronization -> Synchronization (button) setup, just before the menu displays, I receive the Intellisync "Warning encountered. Warning code - 0x3b21. Check documentation." error.

I have tried installs from disc (DM 4.6), installs from BlackBerry's website (DM 4.6 & 4.7), and installs from AT&T's website (DM 4.6) and I receive the same error.  (NOTE - in between each new install, I performed a complete uninstall - add/remove programs, reedit, and file folder removal)

I have browsed every post that looked even semi-related and have not found a solution that works.  Smiley Sad 

Due to the fact that, during each of the complete uninstalls that I have performed, I have not once found a Puma Technologies folder or entry, I believe that my problem lies somewhere with that particular folder/file/program not being installed, but I need help/direction if that is the case.

Thanks for any and all help!

New Contributor

Re: Intellisync "Warning code - 0x3b21" problem with clean DM 4.6 install

When attempting to sync a BB Bold with Outlook 2003 (without using an Exchange Server or BES), is there any additional software besides Desktop Manager and Outlook that I would need to have installed?
New Contributor

So, after attempting various setups, I have discovered that my problem is not the error message "0x3b21" but rather I was trying to do something that I am not set up to do.

When installing the Desktop software, I was selecting the "Integrate with Work Email" because that is what I wanted to do; integrate with an email account that is already set up at work. However, I did not notice the part about having an exchange server, which we do not have at our company (all of our email is routed through a web based email client through our ISP).

Finally I tried the "Integrate with Personal Email" option and low and behold, I was able to sync my calendar, tasks, and contacts, without any problems.

Unfortunately, I am not sure how to sync my email (which is important), but I will do more research before starting a new thread as that problem is not applicable to this thread. 

Highlighted
Contributor

bbecTech -

When correcting this issue, did you need to uninstall and reinstall again? I don't think I selected this option, but I may have and I am wondering how I can check without going through the whole uninstall / install process again. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.