Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9320
My Carrier: simple mobile

Internet E-Mail Account

Reprogrammed blackberry curve 9320, only have blackberry enterprise email account.  Want to set up internet email account but i'm not given that option.  How can i get the option to select internet email account as oppose to setting up blackberry enterprise account?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Internet E-Mail Account

You need a BlackBerry BIS data plan on your account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It is not a Blackberry BIS account I am looking to activate, it is the regular Internet Mail Account. This is the account which allows me to load my gmail, msn mail, yahoo mail.  In order for me to have a Blackberry BIS account my company would have had to enroll in this feature and it does not.  Originally you are given the options of activating either a Blackberry Enterprise Account or Blackberry BIS as referred by you or an Internet Mail Account.  I need to have this option turned on again so that I can select Internet Mail Account.

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes, but it is a BlackBerry BIS account that you MUST have on the account in order to get email on the BlackBerry Curve. Even though the Enterprise option is there you wouldn't be able to activate it even if your company gave you a password unless you have a BlackBerry BIS account on your line.

Sorry...no BIS plan no BIS email.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

Your Simple Mobile account needs a BlackBerry data plan, often referred to as a BIS plan, for email. Trust me on this.

New Contributor

I'll give it a shot..Although Simple Mobile keeps referring me back to Blackberry. Thanks
Highlighted
Guru II

There's nothing we can do here for your account. That's all with Simple Mobile. This is a peer to peer support forum. I'm just another BlackBerry user just like yourself.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Hi. this is the same issue I have. After receiving a Blackberry email to verify my btinternet password, the only option I am shown through Email settings is the BIS Username and Password option. My btinternet account isn't shown nor is there an option to edit it.

I then tried using Blackberry Internet Service and I got the Cannot Creat Account error

On your Blackberry select Options then Advanced Options then Host Routing Table

Click the Menu Key and select Register Now

Received an email from Blackberry that my handheld was now registed with the wireless netowrk

but still cannot verify my email account

Guru II

Contact your wireless service provider. They should be able to help with your account.