Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Media
Accepted Solution

Internet Problems.

Hello guys.

I have a BlackBerry Curve 8520 on Virgin Media, I came here first, thinking it was better I try here before I get on the phone to them.

My problem is simple. For the past couple of days, I have not been able to access any page what so ever on my Internet, the browser is trying to load a page, but once the blue bar fills, there is nothing, not even an error message. I have plenty of Internet allowance left for the month, so I know it is not that.

Seems like I am not the only one with problems, lately.

Can anyone help?

Cheers.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Internet Problems.

Hi DanDarts

Welcome to the Community

Open your Browser > Press the Menu Key > Options > Clear your Browsing Data ( Mark all ) Then click on Clear Now.After that Do a Simple reboot Like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot.

After that try again and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi and thank you for the welcome and the quick response.

You mean clear all my Cache? And by reboot you mean simply turning the phone on and off again? I have came accross the re boot option once or twice, cannot remember how though.

Elite II

[ Edited ]

Hi DanDarts

Yes I mean Clear your Browser Cache and also Reboot your device Like this While the Device is Powered ON remove the Battery then wait for a min. then Reinsert it back to the Device then wait till device takes a long reboot,then have a try

Prince

New Contributor

How do I reboot on a Curve?
Elite II

Hi DanDarts

When  Device is POWERED ON  or Turn On then Remove the battery  from the Back. Wait then reinsert it Back to the device.Reboot in this manner is needed for most glitches within our device. 

Prince

New Contributor

Can't believe I did not do this before hand. What do you generally do when you have problems? Turn it on and off again! Problem solved, mate, thanks for the obvious answer lol

Elite II

Hi DanDarts

There is nothing wrong in doing like this infact it is required for our BlackBerry devices,Please Have a look at this Article Battery pull on your BlackBerry When, Why and How .

Prince