Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone De

Internet Service

Hello,

I bought a BB Bold 9700 from eBay, and I cannot get the BB internet service to work.

I do have a data plan that works with BIS. Before this i used this sim with an Android phone, hat worked just  fine.

And I have tried this sim on an Curve 8320, and on this one works just fine.

I use a prepay card from Vodafone DE.

I called the customer service from Vodafone and they've told me that  it takes 3 days to activate this service (even though it worked on the 8320 imediatly).

The 3 days have past, and nothing.

A guy from a Vodafone shop in Germany, told me that the phone has been pre-registered before by someone else, and that I should contact Blackberry Support, but this guy didn't seem to know what is talking about.

I did a network diagnostic test that says:

BalckBerry Registration: Yes

Connected to BalckBerry: No

BalckBerry PIN-PIN: Abort

So can you help me?

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Internet Service

So, you are positive you DO have the THE BlackBerry Data Plan on your account? This can't be the same data plan that work on your Android, because it won't.

But yes, the IMEI of the device could still be registered on a previous owners account, whoever and wherever that was. Could be the device has been reported stolen or lost and the IMEI blacklisted. However, only your mobile operator with whom you have your BIS data plan can tell you that information... so you need to ask them that question. If they cannot answer, then you need to ask them to ESCALATE this issue to BlackBerry tech support on the phone.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

The internet browser works on  a Curve 8320, and the Customer Support from VDF said yes i do have a BlackBerry Data Plan.

And the other questions you need to ask them?

Are you sure the internet browser on that 8320 is not working from being connected to WiFi?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I will try to talk to them tomorrow.

Thanks for the help, I will get back to you on this.

New Contributor

So I decided to get a subscription with  BlackBerry Internet Service included, even BlackBerry Push.

And I found out from vodafone support that this Phone is registered with the email account of the previous owner. And vodafone says they cannot delete this account without the permission of this guy, but they also says that BlackBerry Support can do it for me.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you, 

Andrei

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Vodafone can't, RIM can, but in order to get through to RIM at no charge to you, you need to go Vodafone.

Here's how it works:  RIM contracts the carriers, including Vodafone, to support its phones.  If for any reason a carrier cannot provide a solution to an issue, the carrier can escalate the issue directly to RIM at no cost to the end user.  This is what you need to do. 

So give Vodafone a ring and tell them you need to be escalated to RIM.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

As far as I know, RIM cannot. Only the mobile provider on which the previous user was registered can de-register it. Normally they won't if the account was left unpaid penthe device has been reported lost.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I've asked the previous user about this. She says she has  never used this phone (and I have to say it looks like that).

I think this a ridiculous security policy... which i understand for cases when the phone is declared lost or stolen. But now it is not the case. She says she can call the mobile provider, but in 3 weeks when she comes back from a trip abroad.

Do you think I can take it to Blackberry service shop to get it fixed?

FYI: The diagnostic test gets me Yes to all.

andreiwl wrote:

Do you think I can take it to Blackberry service shop to get it fixed?

No, there's nothing that needs fixed on the device.

andreiwl wrote:

FYI: The diagnostic test gets me Yes to all.

What test, where?

So, even if she never used the device it could still be registered to her mobile provider.

And as far as the security policy of a lost or stolen device, I don't see what's silly about that. There are hundreds of users in this forum, after having a device lost or stolen, "how can I lock or blacklist it?".

I don't think yours is blacklisted, just it hasn't been removed from the previous user's provider.

Knowledge Base Updates