Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Internet Settings for use with Operamini, Yahoo Go etc.

[ Edited ]
I have  BlackBerry Curve 8320 with T-Mobile service. I recently downloaded Operamini and Yahoo Go and XM Mobile but I can't get them to work properly. 1. Operamini will only work if I turn off the Firewall and will only run on WiFi. 2. Yahoo Go will not work at all and says to check Security Settings Allow Online Access and that i Allow Network Access but don't know where to start please help anyone.
Message Edited by BBuser81 on 05-31-2008 02:50 AM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Internet Settings for use with Operamini, Yahoo Go etc.

You need to know your carriers internet APN for making all the mentioned software to work. Ask your carrier for knowing that internet Access Point Name (APN) and user name and password for that APN (if carrier have any). Then go to option -> Advanced Options -> TCP -> fill out the info that your receive from your operator.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

[ Edited ]
For T-Mobile service go to the location where tanzim states, and put in wap.voicestream.com for the APN. Leave the username and password blank.
Message Edited by JeremyKitching on 05-31-2008 06:15 PM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I did try that wap.voicestream.com but didn't work.  Here is one of the messages I get from opereamini........The Application OPERETTE$2DHIFI has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy. Then I hit ok and it says

Failed to connect to the

internet.

javalang.securityexception:

Permission Denied.

XM Radio Mobile says

Connecting....

Connection Failed.Exiting....

Yahoo Mobile just says

Sorry - No Internet Connection