Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Internet connection on bold

This may be a school boy question, but I'm trying to set up my bold for internet access, and the only option I have for the browser is for Wi-FI, nothing to allow me to use 3G. It works fine if Im in Starbucks or at home onmy own connection, but the rest of the time I need to be able to use the 3g capability. I have spoken to Voda and had the sim enabled, but it made no difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Contributor

Re: Internet connection on bold

I have the same problem with my BB. I only receive the hotspot browser and not my BIS. It has something to do with your service books.

New Contributor

Thanks. Do you know how to update the service books, to make them work with a BIS?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Register Now.
New Contributor

Thanks. I tried this, and got a message back telling me the device had been registered. I also went to the vodafone site and downloaded the service books again, but it still doesn't work. All I can do is browse using a hotspot browser with wireless, or I get the option to use a BES when setting up the email - there is still no option to select a BIS.

I have tried vodafone support, but have had the same conversation 3 times and still not got any answers....

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

I have the solution, download Opera Mini on your blackberry, then go to Options, Advanced Options, TCP, and write on

APN: wap.voicestream.com

on Username for APN leave in blank

on Password for APN leave in blank

Now Open opera Mini and you have internet on you bold.

This works for Tmobile in Usa, if you need for another carrier on Usa or in the rest of the world, call your provider and ask for the APN link.

Please leave me a Kudo if you are happy, jeje

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Developer
My Device: You wish.

If you want to use another browser outside of WiFi you need to setup / create a BIS account. Find the login from your carriers website and go make an account. One of the other BB sites on the internets has all of the BIS logins for most carriers (can't remember which one).