Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Megafon

Internet connection problem

Hi, so I have many problems by every next day  I have new BB Bold9900. While I can browse Internet through wifi (which is interesting cause it loves to freeze)  , I can not use BB app world, cause it says my device is not connected to the wireless network. The same thing with FB application. I simply cannot connect to Internet although I already am connected, and my phone even shows full signal, network name, etc.  Is there any solution which will make it possible to comfortably use BB????

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Internet connection problem

Do you have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) on your account? You need BIS from your cell carrier in order to browse and use BIS features such as facebook, even if you're browsing via Wi-Fi.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Megafon

Re: Internet connection problem

The thing is that I am in Rusisia so I have serious doubts my provider supports BIS. But still, I was able to use FB application  or  BB app world  through the two different wifi networks yesterday.  Today no. So I am very confused/curious were the problem can be.. :/