Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

Internet (gmail) Email account Sync 2-way configuration settings

BOLD 9930 How to properly configure the native email client to SYNC 2 way with your GMAIL account (IMAP-idle)

There has been a lot of discussion on many forums about how OS7s native email client does not sync 2 way with internet email accounts specifically gmail.  Below are the steps taken to properly set up your internet email account on the native blackberry email client.

Steps:

from  Setup > Email Accounts

Add or Edit your email Account(s)

Sync Options > "Check" Deleted items

save settings

open your Email

Menu > Options

-Message Display and Actions

make sure the following is checked

Hide Filed Messages

-Email Reconciliation

Delete on "Mailbox and Handheld"

Wireless Reconcile "Checked"

On conflict "Mailbox Wins"

Results:

1) Emails sent to your gmail are sent to the phone are almost intantaneous.

2) When you mark as read or delete an email from your phone it updates your internet email within a few seconds.

3) NOTE: When you mark as read or delete mail on your computer web browser client like gmail-dot-com your phone does not receive the update for about 4 to 6 hours but don't worry because it will sync eventually.  In some cases with 2 hours.

My guess is that BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) is the culprit for the delay and that in the future this will be enhanced to sync more quickly. So don't jump ship to an Andoid or IOS phone because you will surely regret it. I did and a week later came back to RIM and performed the above steps.

If this still doesn't perform the 2 way sync then you must call your provider and ask them to help you with fixing your Service Books which may be corrupt.  This is a simple process so don't be alarmed,