Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Internet not working - Blackberry Bold 9900

Hi, I really hope someone can help me.

A few days ago the internet stopped working on my phone. Whether I am running it on 3G or on a WiFi network it doesn't work, even though it says I have a connection. 

Trying to open facebook gets the error message 'We cannot reach the facebook server at this time. Please try again later. (100)'

Twitter gives me a 'General socket error'

Youtube gives me 'Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider.'

and trying to go anyway from the browser gives me the same message as the YouTube app.

I don't understand why I have no internet connection when my phone says I have a 3G connection AND Wireless coverage.

Do I have a faulty handset? Someone please help!

Thanks 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Internet not working - Blackberry Bold 9900

Hiya!

Do you have any connectivity with any other apps (such as BBM)?

First things first, I would suggest a battery pull. With the device turned on, remove the battery for a few seconds, hen reinsert and try again. Post back your results.

-Raelic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Yes I did have connectivity to both email and bbm!

I tried a battery pull last night and it didn't work which is why I posted this when I got up this morning and it still wasn't working, however, on my way to uni I pulled the battery again and this time it started working again.

Bizarre. Do you know why this happens?

Thanks anyway! Smiley Happy

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Glad to hear it's working again!
It's hard to say what causes it, just another quirk with technology. Kind of like when your PC is acting up and you restart it.
Anyways, have a good one.

Cheers,
-Raelic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter