Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Internet on BB Storm ?

Is the BB Storm equiped with wi-fi or 3G ?
Contributor

Re: Internet on BB Storm ?

3G yes, Wi-Fi no.
Contributor

That's part of the reason why I decided not to wait for the Storm, and went ahead and purchased the new U.S. Bold, which I am absolutely loving.  The Bold has literally twice the processing power/speed as the most recent established Curves and Pearls among other things as well.

I was hesitant to buy a first generation BB touch screen (Storm) given that it generally takes some time in the market for initial kinks to be worked out and improvements made.  I was less concerned about that with the Bold since it has been sold outside the U.S. for quite a long time now, making the U.S. Bold introduction and second or even third generation iteration.

Just food for thought, though I will be monitoring the Storm for consideration in about a year or so.

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

whats the difference

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

I'm in the U.S. and have been told that the Storm will have Wi-Fi here...I hope I'm correct because when it comes out on Friday I plan on buying it.  Love the iPhone but will not switch from Verizon.  I can't get the Bold because Verizon doesn't carry it.  Please tell me that I will get Wi-Fi on the Storm Smiley Indifferent
Regular Contributor

oops...just found out that there isn't wi-fi here in the U.S. but everyone is saying it isn't necessary...I haven't a clue.  I do want to find out if I can connect to my home wireless modem though.  That would make the Storm even faster while at home but I don't think that will happen.
New Contributor

i am in the UK and my storm does not have wifi, only 3G. I have had no problems at all with accessing the internet, download speed has been fine and there has been no noticable issues at all. I am not in London or any other major city and my 3G signal comes and goes (sadly), but the performance of the storm seems to be ok. I never find my self in macdonalds or any other places with free wifi (most of them seem to assault my inside with horrible fats so I avoid them!Man Indifferent), and so I do not expect to miss the wifi aspect.

hope this helps

Regular Contributor

I actually have the iPod Touch which does have wi-fi and the only time I can use it is in my own home!  I've never been able to sync it to some other wi-fi while out and about so I don't think not having it on the Storm will be a problem.  Does the Storm have another option other than 3G for the places that don't have the 3G network??