Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

Internet problem (edge/EDGE)

I have been using my Curve 9360 (originally from Orange Switzerland, unlocked) on Fido Canada for the past 2 weeks without a glitch. Since yesterday, however, my signal turned from uppercase EDGE to lowercase edge and I have not been able to get it back ever since. I've tried soft and hard restarts, upgrading my software, downgrading my software, using my swiss sim (it works perfectly), putting the Fido sim in a different phone (it also works), but to no avail. I've also called Fido and they cannot help me as I am using someone else's sim. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? 

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Internet problem (edge/EDGE)

voicusab wrote:

I've also called Fido and they cannot help me as I am using someone else's sim. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? 

I thought you said you are using a Fido SIM?

On your Fido account, you do have the BlackBerry Data Plan, right?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

I am using a Fido sim, but it's not regiustered under my name. I am basically just using it for the month that I am here, but it officially belongs to someone else and Fido only wants to speak to the owner. I don't think it's a Fido problem, however, because the sim works in the other phone I tried. And yes, there is a Blackberry Data Plan on the account, and it's worked well until a day ago. Thank you so much for your prompt response!

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

But, that BlackBerry device you're using is not registered on Fido.

You need to call Fido and have them make certain your device PIN and IMEI is on the SIM account you're using.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code