Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Internet service and bb working on and off

Hi,

I purchased a blackberry bold with my Italian provider a month ago. Since I bought it I've been experiencing every other day problems with the internet. I receive, make phone calls as well as send and receive texts with no problem at all. However, it often happens that all internet stops working, eg. mail and blackberry messenger. Why is this? Is this a phone problem? I have talked repeatedly with the provider and they are not experiencing any problems at all. Also, as I am living in a big city I never have problems of reception.

I would appreciate any kind of advice and help!!!

Thanks!

M

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Internet service and bb working on and off

When you get these errors, please notice what the signal indicator states. EDGE, edge, GPRS, GSM, gprs, SOS, OFF, ? Do you remember?

Any time you have communication errors, or similar, With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thank you but I've taken the battery and sim card countless times to reboot it. That's what the network provider told me. I recently noticed that this problem occurs when the blackberry logo next to 3G is off even if I have full reception. So I assume there is no reception for blackberry internet service, right? However I don't understand if that's a problem with my phone or my network provider.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Is there someway you could do a screen shot of your screen and the signal indicator.

Using ZonaSnap?

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/07/01/zonasnap-for-free-screen-capture-of-your-blackberry/

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

I have the same problem with mine. I'll have full bars in 3G but if I don't have the BB symbol beside it all I have is a large clumsy phone.
New Contributor

Hi,

Sorry but I'm new to this forum thing. I took a picture with another blackberry of my screen when all internet services don't work but how do I post it? I have it saved on my desktop.

Thanks!