Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: TSTT Bmobile

Invalid linked record Id

I got a new Blackberry and transferred everything from the old one. Then I tried to sync my contacts and calender to my pc and as finally starts to sync my data a windows comes up saying "CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id

Gaining knowledge in the blackberry game.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Invalid linked record Id

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB31008 Error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing with the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I tried the workaround in KB31008 but to no avail. So I guess I will have to depend on Blacberry Protect.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I do not understand your logic. Via the Desktop Software, there are two different processes available -- Synchronization and Backup...but they are separate and distinct from each other. Backup is similar to what BB Protect does, but synchronization is not.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Basically I'm saying I will have to backup my contact until the synchronization problem is fixed.
Hall of Famer III

Then I fear that you do not understand the risks nor the protection solutions that are available. FWIW -- Here is what I recommend:

Daily -- configure BB Protect to automatically backup all of the data that it can, preferring WiFi if data network charges are a concern.

• KB25062 How to use BlackBerry Protect to back up data on a BlackBerry smartphone

Weekly:

1. Backup, to your Device or Media Card Memory, the contents of your BBM Contact List
    1. KB20554 How to back up and restore the BlackBerry Messenger contact list
  2. Manually copy, via Mass Storage Mode, the entire contents of your Device and Media Card Memory to your computer
    1. KB11879 What is mass storage mode
  3. Use the Desktop Software to conduct a full Backup of your BB to your computer
    1. KB12487 How to back up BlackBerry smartphone data using BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows

With that, you are prepared to recover from pretty much any catastrophic failure. Further, if you synchronize with Outlook (or another compatible PIM), then you have yet another (albeit very limited) level of data protection.

You should check carefully what each can do, though. BB Protect backs up only certain things...look inside of it to see what it backs up. The Desktop Software backup backs up much much more...refer to this KB for what it handles.

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

Synchronization only works for a maximum of 4 databases...as such, it is actually the "weakest" form of data protection available...hence, I tend to not think of Synchronization as anything truly to do with properly backing up a BB.

Good luck!

New Contributor

I understand about using backups to recover from any catastrophic failure of my blackberry. I use synchronization also as a level of protection. If anything happens to my bb and i switch to a different brand phone, the contacts that i synced between my bb and pc will be easy to be acessed using my other brand phone. 

Hall of Famer III

I absolutely agree with you, as long as you understand the relative merits of each level of protection method:

• Synchronization provides protection for only 4 databases.
  • BB Protect provides protection for 8 databases.
  • The Desktop Software backup provides protection for 123 databases.
  • None protect the BBM Contact List -- only the manual backup/copy method I provided above protects that.

As long as what is critical to you is protected by whatever method you employ, then you are covered. The method I recommend is intended to provide the maximum amount of data protection coupled with the availability of multiple recovery methods so as to provide the user with maximum flexibility and capability.

But, again, each must choose what is "good enough" for them...if protection of only 4 databases is "good enough" for you, then that is just fine.

Good luck!

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Telus

I've had this Invalid ID error a few times.

Sometimes choosing either "device" or "computer" records for all errors sorts this out.

It may take several sequential syncing without a disconnect of Blackberry cell phone.

Sometimes it is a computer contact in my Microsoft Outlook 2010

that has no label showing which "display as" field is chosen, even if there is only one choice. Unlabelled entries are at top above the digits listing.

Seems to be no program link to search for  duplicate entry records either in Microsoft Outlook or Blackberry Desktop software.

Duplicates occur when using Blackberry Protect singular restore, such as Calendar or Contacts, as they don't store 'categories' like MS Outlook 2010 does for both.

Is there a default timeout for Blackberry Desktop software connection to cellphone after an error to sync has occurred?

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

I got the solution and tried for my self and its working. just do the following to get rid of this issue.

I found out the address book records with picture not there (from Facebook appl) by this method.
In Tools-Desktop Options-Configure Sync Logging Options set Logging Method-Full (default is None). 
Then do the sync, when error comes and sync finishes; under Help (? on top right hand side) select 'Support Resources'->'Organizer Sync Logs' (this html file is saved under
C:\Documents and Settings\<current user>\Local Settings\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop\XCPCSync.OEM\SyncSDK.209.601\Log). 
Open the file in browser or html editor. Go to bottom. Go up a few lines and you will find the entry with the picture problem, this is the last entery before the orange line , each entery contain 20 fields.
Go to blackberry handset address book, locate the address and delete the picture.
Again resync and repeat this process till you don't get any more sync error.

Thanks

Nishant Potdar