Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Invalid password BIS e-mail service

I've had my Storm 9530 since it was released in November 2008.  I have not had any problems with BIS e-mail.  About a month ago I get an e-mail saying I need to go into e-mail set-up and update the password.  After opening the e-mail setup icon I was prompted to Validate my e-mail account which I did.  Oddly enough, I had not changed my password.  It was the same, but I re-validated the e-mail account no problem.

Today I receive the same message.  My BB was not getting e-mail.  I go into e-mail setup.  Again, I have not changed passwords.  I am prompted to validate e-mail account, but the e-mail setup app says that my password is invalid.  I checked very carefully for key stroke errors.  The password is correct but I cannot access e-mail on my BB.  I still have web access to my e-mail using the same password.  FYI I am using a legacy AOL e-mail account.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Invalid password BIS e-mail service

I have the same problem.  Got the email about validating last month...which I did with no problem.   Today I received the same email saying I needed to validate the AOL email account.   I get message that the email or password is invalid.  I have deleted the email and attempted to redo it.  I also removed battery and reinstalled.   Nothing seems to work...no aol email on phone still.   I have email on the web.   Same username and password that I have used for years.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

I was able to connect tot email later in the day....must have been a problem with AOL.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Just tried it.  Sems to b working now.  Thanks.