Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Is Roxio Media Manager the only way to listen to iTunes music on Blackberry Curve?

I haven't had success using the media manager software on my laptop with Windows Vista.

The version that came with did not have media manager, and subsequent downloads have not worked.

I'm not sure which version of the Desktop Manager software I should be using.

I have v4.5 installed right now, and the Media Manager works properly for about 2 minutes, then it freezes up and has to be manually shut down to get back to the Desktop Manager. 

I haven't been able to play the mp4 files by just dragging them into the BlackBerry like an external hard drive, even when i put them in the music file.

Everything else works great as far as sync with yahoo, etc.

Holla

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Is Roxio Media Manager the only way to listen to iTunes music on Blackberry Curve?

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Do you have a media card in your device?

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Is Roxio Media Manager the only way to listen to iTunes music on Blackberry Curve?

hello,

to use songs from iTunes, I suggest yu to use a dedicated tool called "Blackberry Media Sync".
Personally, I don't use any program, I just use my Blackberry as an external harddrive (just plug the USB cable, ith no Desktop Manager or Roxio Media Manager), and drag'n'drop my music onto the Blackberry media card.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

Are you able to play iTunes music - like to ones you buy that are AAC Protected - when you drag and drop?

yes, i do. and as I said - i haven't had success playing the AAC Protected files - the ones we buy from iTunes, using the drag and drop media card.

Roxio Media manager works, it just only works for 2 minutes.  then the media manager freezes

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550

If you transfer the protected (AAC, DRM, etc.) files via Roxio Media Manager, the program will convert the files and you'll be able to listen to them on your BlackBerry.  There are also other (pay) software programs that will do this although they use a different method.  I've never had any issues with Roxio Media Manager, what version of Desktop Manager do you have?
Jonnyb
Highlighted

i had the exact same problem. i dont even use roxio anymore, just open the memory card file, then the music folder, drag and drop your music from the open itunes program to the memory card music folder. you may have to turn off your device and take the battery out for a minute for the media manager to recognize the id tags on the music but it worked for me Smiley Happy