Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

Is anyone using a car charger?

been thinking of getting one now that slacker is working good.

only thing is i was told not to use a car charger for the storm, even if its OEM, because if messes up the battery!

so, is anyone using it, and having success or failure?

thanks

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm2 9550

Re: Is anyone using a car charger?

I use a Motorolla car charger but only if the battery is really low and never had any problems with using it. I didn't know you weren't suppose to use them, why not? I have to say I haven't used it much lately (in about a month) but my battery life has gone to hell in a hand basket the last week or two. Only getting a few hours of use before the battery gets pretty low. Everything is set to low or minimum for the power draining stuff, auto off every night and it doesn't get much use until after 1pm...dead by 9pm...anyway, good luck!
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

You're told by whom?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

tanzim wrote:
You're told by whom?

i was told by a vzw bb tech not to use a car charger, because it messes up the battery.

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I've got one (not OEM) that I use from time to time and I haven't had any issues with it...

I also hadn't heard that using a battery charger on the Storm was a bad idea, so I'm kinda curious where that came from as well.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Tawniah,

I too use an OEM car charger with no ill results. My Curve was on one all the time also.

I wouldn't say there is a difference between Motorola and the OEM, but I'd stick with

OEM just to be on the safe side. Won't void the warranty that way.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: 9530 Storm

Ordered 2 car & 2 wall chargers from one of the web sights that ship from China. One of the Car chargers was even Retractable. Have not left the Storm on the car charger very long, Mostly to just boost back up while at lunch. No issue with battery life. The one I got look similar to the one for 10X at VZ.

By the way. All 4 chargers and shipping from China was 20 bucks and some change.

Steve A Benton
Boss Hoss
502 cid
502hp
BlackBerry storm.. No subsitute for Horse Power
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Passport and Z10
My Carrier: AT&T, and VZW

I use a car charger I got from Verizon and I have not had any issues.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Probably he just gave his comment...I don't find any issue with it...as long as you're the original accessories.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

I have two chargers, one I bought from the Verizon Retailer store the day I bought my Storm.  The other is the Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter and if I connect my USB cable to it, it will charge while using.  I have not noticed anything odd regarding my battery life.