Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to disable security prompts on AT&T BlackBerry Curve???

Hello all. I wrote an SMS application that successfully works on my BlackBerry 8310 (on AT&T Wireless). However, everytime I run the application, I get this annoying security prompt that says, "application <my application> has attempted to access the network. Would you like to allow this?". Is there any way I can get rid of this, as it has become VERY tedious to answer this prompt everytime I run the application. I have already gone into options-->advanced options-->permissions and have set everything to "allow" for my application with no success. I've been reading up on this subject and my first inclination would be to assume that it may not be possible due to AT&T/Cingular locking down the phone via the security domain built into the handset:

(http://developer.att.com/developer/printArticle.jsp?detailId=11300207

However, I have read in some places that people were hacking their j2me_domain_registry.sm file with some limited success. I did not see that anyone did this with a BlackBerry though. Has anyone had any experience or know of a way to achieve this. I don't even know how to go about finding this file on the BlackBerry as all the examples deal with non-GSM (CDMA) phones and they primarily deal with Motorola V3XX series. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Is it possible to disable security prompts on AT&T BlackBerry Curve???

You should be able to get rid of this message by enabling firewall. Click on options then security then firewall. Enable and save.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Lorrie,

Thanks. That did the trick. At first thought, actually enabling the firewall seems a bit counter-intuitive to the desired behavior, but it works. Not sure how this plays out with the security restrictions that AT&T states they put on all their phones. Thanks again.

-Jon

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

You're welcome. I also thought this was counter-productive. But for whatever reason it works. Go figure.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!