07-14-2011 12:04 AM
I lost my BlackBerry last week...I backed it up on my work computer the week before losing it. So I was wondering whether or not I can recover my contacts from the backup file WITHOUT having to buy another BB and restoring it using the backup file?
Your help is greatly appreciated!
07-14-2011 12:37 AM
You can check ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter software.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
07-14-2011 12:45 AM
Yes there is one way that can help you but for that you must have a BB just for 1 hour not more then that. Take it from friend for a n hour. if it is not possible then there is another way too. You must install the BB simulator from the BB web site. This program acting just like a BB and run as a software but working as a real BB. That will also work for you
Now if you have your friend BB then
Now do these
1. Connect the BB with the desktop Mananger and bakcup it on another location where you can remmember.
2. Now goto restore and select the backup of your BB file not te firends BB file.
3. restore the conatcs on it.
4. CLick on syncrhoniz and goto configuration
5. and then select one way sync from BB to outlook or address book
6. Start sync then your contacts will be in the PC address book or outlook
If you want the simaltor way then i use BB simulator 9000 for doing it. See the screen for more info
1. Run the simulator and from the simulation menu click USB cable pugged option.
2. RUn the BB Mananger
3. Goto device and restore and restore your contacts to the BB simulator
4. Now goto organize and then configure settings
5. Select one way sync from BB to outlook or adress book
6. Now click sync in the bottom right side of the BB desktop Mananger screen. Syncing will be started and after a while yor all conatcs will be in the adress book
7. Goto adress book and see for youe selft. Export them to Outlook or what ever yourl like
Need and any helop let me know
See the screen below for an idea
07-14-2011 12:48 AM
Thank you SOOOOOO much.
ABC Amber converted the backup file so I have acess to all my lost contacts.
You saved my butt big time - much respect!!!