Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: Is the Blackberry service having issues in Cape Town, South Africa?

STILL having issues!! About to lose my mind!!!

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8520

Same problem for me and im in Cape Town and this all started yesterday in the morning. Why are they taking so long?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom

What's worse is that I'm losing battery power for nothing! I used half my battery power because my phone is searching for signal all day long!!! WHEN WILL THIS BE RESOLVED?????!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

This is getting out of hand..... My battery power is running all the time and there is nothing going on!!! And RIM has nothing else to say but Sorry for the inconvenience WTF!! But when our BIS needs to be paid the quick to remind you

This needs to be FIXED

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: CellC

[ Edited ]

See this post regarding the affected areas as well as the cause behind the delay (at the time of the post). You can also keep an eye on this post for further updates and announcements; such as they are.

Being a "paying customer" doesn't change anything; just because you are paying do you believe that RIM and the service they provide are infallible, or must be provided ALL the time? I'm afraid not.

Please see the quote below, with particular focus on the bolded section:

THE BIS IS PROVIDED "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" AND AT YOUR SOLE RISK, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND BY RIM. RIM DOES NOT WARRANT UNINTERRUPTED USE OR OPERATION OF THE BIS, OR THAT ANY DATA SENT BY OR TO YOU WILL BE TRANSMITTED IN UNCORRUPTED FORM OR WITHIN A REASONABLE PERIOD OF TIME.

In other words, by simply using the BIS you accept that the BIS service is not a guaranteed service offered by RIM.

If you are interested in reading the entire EULA, here it is: link

These things (unforeseen errors / crashes / crises) happen from time to time and no matter how much you plan, sometimes things just go completely wrong and there is nothing you can do but fix it and hope.

All we, as customers, can do is deal with it and move on (while waiting impatiently for it to come back of course, lol).

- Blackberry Curve 9300 - 6.0 Bundle 2949 (v6.0.0.668, Platform 6.6.0.236) -
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: mtn

I am in RSA, JHB, and been struggling with bis for 3 days. Hopefully it will be resolved soon