Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8630
My Carrier: Telus

Is there a complaint department or email for anything like that?

I Have a curve 8530 I got it in feb the first one I had the battery charge would last 12 hours if lucky no apps open. It crapped out on me after 5 months or so. Oh course my provider claimed water dmamge which was complete bs , the guy tried tell me that humidity will do it , which is funny to me. He accused me of bring it in when I shower lol. Anyways got another one that I had to pay for seemed to work better. Well i have had it for 3 or 4 months now and that battery is now holding a charge for 6 hours. I dont use any apps have minimal running and its disipates the battery still. I have turned the brightness down and make sure the battery is dead everytime I charge it. At this point I am really feed up, this is the first provider of smart phones and yet every other company has passed them by.

So if anyone knows i who i can contact for my displeasure please let me know

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Is there a complaint department or email for anything like that?

Windsor519 wrote:

So if anyone knows i who i can contact for my displeasure please let me know

Your carrier for one. Ask for the retention department. You bought the device from them, and they need to hear your displeasure, and you can ask them to escalate your battery drain issue to RIM level tech support.

Finally, yes moisture can disable a BlackBerry (or any smartphone be it a Droid or iPhone). Yes, leaving it on a bathroom counter during a hot shower or bath, in a humid gym locker or a sweaty shirt or pants pocket. I've seen it dozens of times.

For your battery... Here are some good charging tips, please read and you'll see that many of them will apply to you. In this first link, read the advice about discharging/charging your device 3-4 times to reset the on-device battery meter.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life
And here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Community-Post/Power-Saving-Tips-for-your-BlackBer...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I have done all that stuff in the articles, thanks though.

Ok.

See, I don't know what all you've done.

I'd do it again (not all, just the one I mentioned) if you want your battery working better.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Airtel

Is there a complaint department for escalation

Dear Team

I recently purchased a 9300  from your company in June 2011. Unfortunately, it has fallen far short of my expectations. my phones right round has been damaged , The phone had a defect.

the phones skin is peeling off and its becoming worse i could see wholes in my phone.

I am appalled at the substandard quality of this product, and will be returning it to you. I expect a replacement.

I hope that I will not be forced to report this incident to the Business Bureau and state and federal consumer agencies.

I need a email id for complaint

idz
New Contributor

Re: Is there a complaint department for escalation

I have an  8530 and I went to use it this morning and the mic is no longer working. This along with the fact its my 3rd one in 8 months anlong with constant battery issues has me at my breaking point. Whats the point of bringing it in for service when they can claim water damage anytime they want. I was told by someone on here who works for them that keeping it in your pocket is enough to give it water damage from humidity. Blackberry is hands down the worst mobile device I have owned and I appauled but how chincy of a product it is. Really wishing I bought an IPhone.

sshipra_ss wrote:
I bought blackberry 9380 handset in june 2012 which works perfectly for 2-3 months than it started giving trouble , on visiting service centre they updated OS of same but problem didn't solved. So On 8 january 2013 the service centre

This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

Knowledge Base Updates