Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodacom

Is there a way to remotely control my BB from my laptop/pc?

I spend a lot of time in front of my pc and it is a hell of a transition to keep shifting between the laptop and the phone keyboards. Is there some software that I can use where I can see my BB Torch 9800 screen on the laptop display and type with the laptop keyboard??

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Re: Is there a way to remotely control my BB from my laptop/pc?

[ Edited ]

I don't think it's possible to do a "live edit" of your Blackberry data via a laptop or other screen, although I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. ;-)  (There's a projection app from Blackberry that lets you project your stuff onto a laptop/PC/other screen, but I doubt you can edit any file/data you want using this method.)

If you are using a particular app, it is possible that the app can sync data between your Blackberry and your PC, so that you can type it on a laptop and then sync and edit the data on your phone whenever you need to.

For instance, I can type/edit the BlackBerry MemoPad data using Microsoft Outlook's Notes feature. I can do the same with the Blackberry's Dataviz Documents2Go via Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint). Is this the type of feature/access you're looking for?

You know, when I had (still have) a Palm Tungsten E2 handheld, I was able to use a qwerty standard-sized keyboard to input data onto the Palm. (The keyboard folds up to almost the same size as the handheld.) The keyboard used some IR or wireless method of recognition in order to connect to the Palm. It would be neat if I could use the keyboard with my Blackberry, but as far as I know -- there hasn't been any accessories/feature like it that's been developed specifically for Blackberry.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Is there a way to remotely control my BB from my laptop/pc?

@MichalS
are you looking for something like this ?
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13774

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: