Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Is there a way to sync playlists?

When I sync a playlist through WMP11, all the songs go across just fine, but not the playlist itself.  There are times when the order of tracks (audiobooks) is kind of important.

I just upgraded to .90 and the playlists still don't set  up on the device itself.

Thanks!

New Contributor

Re: Is there a way to sync playlists?

Hi, I've been working on Playlists since before the Holidays. There is another thread out there with some info that I was working through. The best way I have found to use Playlists on the Storm is to create AutoPlaylists and assign all songs of a particular Genre to them.

Each time you add songs then choose that Playlist, it will automatically update to include all songs from the Genres you chose.

For example, my Everyday playlist will autmoatically take all songs included in the Genres Rock/Pop, Dance/Pop, & Soul/R&B.

It's not a perfect solution, but it gets me by. Hope this helps you!

Contributor

Re: Is there a way to sync playlists?

Unfortunately, that will not help me.  I listen to a lot of audiobooks and the track names can be almost random at times.  The only way to insure that you hear the chapters in order (in WMP or on MP3 players) is to add/order them in a playlist.

I need to be able to sync playlists as they are on the laptop.

Thanks for trying..