Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Is there a way to?????

I was wondering if there is a way to set the phone to not turn on so easily?????  Here is the skinny, When I turn the phone off, it does so normally but as soon as it turns off, it turns on with a slight press of the "power on" button.  Being new to blackberry and the fact that putting my BB in its case and mistakenly pressing the power on button for a split second, turns the power on and I wake up to a bb that has been on all  night.  I know I can set the auto on/off functions but I dont need my bb on all day.  All the other phones I had in the past would require a 2-3 second power on button press in order for that to happen.. Any sugestions? BTW my phone is the pearl 8120

My Device: 8300 -

Re: Is there a way to?????

A few solutions, not all of them may be practical though

• Buy a case for the device that covers the power button
  • cover the power button with something
  • take the battery out when device is not in use (2minute startup time though..)
  • Leave the device on but turn off the wireless network which saves battery life.
My Device: Bold

Re: Is there a way to?????

[ Edited ]

Has this been solved yet? Indeed I desire the following two features:

1. A complicated wakeup button-press combination. It must be more than just a single large easily-pressed button.

2. A way to mimic the state of "battery completely yanked out", but without opening the back of the device. For now I can use insulating fabric to squeeze between the battery and the device contacts, so that I can keep the battery in place but have still have it shut off. A full solution most likely must be solved with a hardware change, so I plan to do some drilling and soldering to see if I can switch on and off the contacts without having to open the back case.