Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India

Is there any option to select Desktop Software from various versions ?

Hi,

I am using blackberry curve 9300 for more than one year. To manage my phone I downloaded and working with desktop software 5.x for my purpose. I am using Windows XP SP2 for my PC and it's working fine for all of my purposes.

One week ago, I took a step forward to get PlayBook (OS 2.0). So, I planned to manage both the phone & playbook with desktop manager. Now, the latest PC software version 6.1.x is available (only available) on blackberry site to download. And after downloading I came to know that it is for Win XP SP3 or later OS versions.

I searched a lot and even talked to my local shop from where I bought the Playbook to provide me some compatible software ( may be 6.0.x which is OK with SP2), but he doesn't seems has much idea about that.

I am working on this combination of OS for long and it's working fine for all my development and other works. Changing the OS will be the last option in any case. It will cause a lot of changes and loss of great amount of data and time.

Can you please suggest some way out ?May be I can download compatible older version of desktop software from some link.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Is there any option to select Desktop Software from various versions ?

You can try to search blackberrys download database for a database on the older versions of blackberry software, if they have removed it now im sure there are Some websites about try Google.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook & Curve 9300
My Carrier: Airtel India

Re: Is there any option to select Desktop Software from various versions ?

Already checked... not available!