Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Blackberry

Is there any policy stating that not even paid service will be provided for any blackberry phone after warranty is over!????

I had purchased my Blackberry Device (Blackberry Style 9670) on 23rd July 2011. After my repeated charging problem, I had purchased a new battery on 4th Nov 2012. The charging port of the phone has now become faulty and the phone has stopped charging completely. When I went to the authorized service center  (E-17, Lajpat Nagar, New Deli, India), they first refused to give support, as they said that the company policy does not allow any kind of service, not even paid, after the warranty of the phone is over as per policy from Blackberry!!! This is a shock to me. How can Blackberry refuse me paid support after warranty is over!! This is absolutely ridiculous.

I have checked on the website, and the Blackberry Service Licence Agreement (Agreement attached) does not say anything like this.

I had to go to the service center twice, taking half days off from work, and still no heed is being paid to the problem.

Apart from this, the battery which I had purchased 40 days back has become faulty. The authorized service center in Lajpat Nagar, New Deli, India is not equiped to check that. And they refused to change it, whereas the store from which I bought the battery also refused to change the battery despite accepting that the battery has a warranty of 6 months. They showed me written on bill that post sales service will be provided by the service center.

All in all, my phone whose warranty has expired is not getting serviced and my battery which is within warranty is also not getting serviced/ replaced!

I'm in a total fix. My official phone, is not working which causing great loss of work to me as all my mails and phone calls are getting ignored!! I feel totally harassed to have bought this phone costing me Rs. 22,800, and no kind of service being given to me post that!

This is totally unacceptable from a company like Blackberry to treat their customers with such disregard.

I demand urgent action on this, or I would be forced to go to consumer forum for causing such inconvenience to me and harassing me for the problems of Blackberry.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Is there any policy stating that not even paid service will be provided for any blackberry phone after warranty is over!????

All warranty service is done through your carrier. If you want paid support for your device you can call +1-800-BLK-BERRY. It is $50 per support call. By the time you pay the $50, ship the device back to RIM, pay for the repair, ship it back, etc. you will likely be able to buy a new phone for less money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: Is there any policy stating that not even paid service will be provided for any blackberry phone after warranty is over!????

So does it mean that the phone is use and throw after a year! How ridiculous is that of blackberry to have that kind of policy! 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Tell me what other electronic device is usually worth fixing after the warranty has run out? With labor rates at $75 an hour (or more) and these devices relatively inexpensive, it's just not worth it to pay to have them fixed. It's just reality. It's nothing specific to BlackBerry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!