Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Provider

Is there anyway of using a micro sdxc card (64gb or bigger) in a blackberry curve 9320 ?

[ Edited ]

As far as I know the blackberry curve 9320's seem to only be able to handle micro sdhc cards, meaning the maxium it will take is 32 gb since the 64gb cards and up are micro sdxc.

If my understanding is correct, the Z10's support micro sdxc cards and the only reason the curve 9320 does not is due to a a software limitation.

Edit: one possible reason for this is that MicroSD cards larger than 32GB are pre-formatted using the ExFAT file system, which wasn't supported on OS versions prior to 10.2.1.3175, so would fortmating it as a Ntfs, or Fat32 volume avoid this problem on OS 7 devices ?

Is there anyway of updating/hacking/cludging the software on the 9320's to be able to handle using a micro sdxc card (64gb or bigger) ?

my modivation is simple, there are currently micro sdxc cards being made up to 128 gb. so yeah.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Is there anyway of using a micro sdxc card (64gb or bigger) in a blackberry curve 9320 ?

Nope

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB05461

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: Provider

Re: Is there anyway of using a micro sdxc card (64gb or bigger) in a blackberry curve 9320 ?

Well that sucks.... Smiley Tongue

thanks.