Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Orange

Is this covered by warranty?

Hi all I wonder if you can help. I have a blackberry Bold 9790 and the Sim reader got damaged when I took out the SIM card (it got stuck in the reader and pushed the prongs out of place). Orange, my provider, have said they can't repair it and won't replace it under warranty because it's considered damage, which isn't covered apparently. Do I have any rights here?

I checked the RIM warranty and it states it doesn't cover "cosmetic" damage, liquid damage or damage caused by a non-approved device. The SIM provided by Orange is approved and it getting stuck in the reader is what caused the damage (as far as I can see it was designed to be slightly too thick for the reader space), is this really not covered by the warranty?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Is this covered by warranty?

I suspect that since it was you that did the deed that caused the damage (even if the card reader wasn't right to begin with), you'll be out of luck. Had it been an Orange agent, things would be different.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.