Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Issue with Upper/Lower Case Key on Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I've had my Bold 9900 for about a month now, and just recently I noticed that the left upper/lower case key has begun to pop out. It is still 100% functional, and aside from aesthetically looking odd (with it popping out and all) there really isn't an issue; that being said, it is still a potential problem, as the last thing I want to witness is to take out my Bold from my pocket and seeing that the entire key has fallen off. 

Is there any way to fix this here or would I have to contact RIM and get a repair

New Contributor

Re: Issue with Upper/Lower Case Key on Bold 9900

Bump

New Contributor

Bump

New Contributor

Bump

Highlighted
New Contributor

RIM has acknowledged this problem (keys falling off) and has extended the warrenty for these issues.

RIM will repair your keyboard free of charge, see this page for info on the warrenty extnension.

http://www.bgr.in/manufacturers/rim/rim-acknowledges-blackberry-bold-9900-holster-flaw-offers-exten....

Same happened to me... my phone was working perfectly except for two missing keys - RIM allowed it to be returned, but then claimed that there was water damage and refused to repair it!

Hope this works out better for you.

Dan