Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9310
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Issue with sending or replying to AOL mail on 9310

I am able to receive emails to my AOL account on my BB9310 but cannot reply or send emails since 4/23.  Has anyone had a similar problem or solution?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Issue with sending or replying to AOL mail on 9310

Yes, I have had the same problem on 1 9810 - I can receive AOL mails and the unit acts as though emails to aol accounts are sent (and no delivery message comes back) but the emails never get to aol from the blackberry.

New Contributor

Yes, that is exactly what my phone is doing - it  unit acts as though emails to aol accounts are sent (and no delivery message comes back) but the emails never get to aol from the blackberry too -   how did you resolve it?  Thanks for replying!

New Contributor

OK I had tro subscribe to 4.99/month for an AOL plan to find out what's happening. Seemd because of spoofing emails in the last 2 weeks.  AOL HAS ADOPTED A REJECT POLICY FOR AL:L AOL EMAILS SENT FROM ANY SOURCE OTHER THAN FROM A TRUE AOL ACCOUNT.  THAT MEANS ALL BLACKBERRY USERS WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO SEND ANY AOL MESSAGES SINCE IT GOES THROUGH A BLACKBERRY SERVER.  See

AOL Mail updates DMARC policy to 'reject'

Today we moved to change our DMARC policy to p=reject. This helps to protect AOL Mail users' addresses from unauthorized use.

It also stops delivery on what previously would have been considered authorized mail sent on behalf of AOL Mail users via non-AOL servers. If you're a bulk sender on behalf of AOL addresses, that probably includes mail sent from you.

This can include but is not limited to:
  • Email service providers (ESP) sending mail on behalf of businesses using AOL addresses
  • Websites with "Share with a friend" functionality, sending mail using AOL addresses
  • Small businesses using other 3rd party services to send mail and communication between their employees and / or customers
  • Services used to forward mail
  • Mailing lists (listservs)
Mail sent on behalf of AOL Mail users to DMARC-compliant domains will be rejected by those domains unless the mail passes SPF and/or DKIM authentication checks AND the domain(s) used in those checks match aol.com.

We recognize that some legitimate senders will be challenged by this change and forced to update how they send mail and we sincerely regret the inconvenience to you.

What should you do?

In almost all cases, we recommend that you switch to sending mail from your own domain. You may also consider using AOL SMTP directly.

For mailing lists, also known as listservs, we recommend configuring reply behavior to fill the From line with the mailing list's address rather than the sender's and put the actual user / sender address into the Reply-To: line. Please also note that current "auto unsubscribe" logic based upon bounces might be too rigid until this change has been in place for a while.

For website operators with 'share from email' functionality, please consider using an email address from your own domain as the From address and populate the Reply-To: line with the address of the person sharing.

If you have specific questions around configuration and authentication options as well as DMARC related inquiries, please contact us at dmarc-help@teamaol.com.

Learn more about DMARC here. Thanks for working with us as we make email a safer and better experience for everyone.

The AOL Mail Team
New Contributor

Reystone - Thank you so much for the reply!  I will followup with AOL.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930

Anybody have a real solution to this issue?

New Contributor

I was on the telephone with BB tech support several times yesterday and they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. As of 7 a.m. this morning I was able to reply and send an AOL email from my BB but now sending or replying to YAHOO on my BB is not working!!  Anyone else having this problem?

New Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: EE

I opened the post below yesterday for my Z30 - sounds like the same problem.  I’ve reported this to AOLUKQueries@aol.com  dmarc-help@teamaol.com and compromised@abuse.aol.com but had no feedback over the last 3 days.

My AOL email account was hacked a few days ago.  Since this happened I get bumped offline with “Not connected” when I’m signed into my account on my Z30.  When I open the account details the message says “An unexpected problem occurred with <DESCRIPTION>-<USERNAME> Some features may not be working correctly”

The account works once to synchronise email when I delete and re-install it on the Blackberry then intermittently displays the above error messages.  However, even when there are no error messages the emails do not sync.

I don’t have this problem on my other AOL accounts or on any other non-AOL accounts on my Blackberry.  I have uninstalled then reinstalled all accounts on the Blackberry, compared configs but the problem with this account remains.

I’ve had no feedback from AOL yet but I think that changes may have been made to my email that I must update in my Z30 config?

Any ideas what I need to do would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your help, Chris

New Contributor

Nothing posted on Blackberry site about this. I called ATT yesterday and advised them of the problem. They knew NOTHING about it and put me through to BB support level 1 who knew NOTHING about it - I asked for level 2 and then he went and spoke to a level 2 person who told him the same thing they told you. So now it seems that BB users with saol can send aol users emails (they seem to go thru) and also to some domains (which may not be d-marc compliant) as comcast.net and others but emails to gmail and yahoo users will not go through.....a temp solution if you have only one AOL account (and this temp fix will not integrate with your address book and I havent tested it but it goes into your account on the aol.com website  and you have toi zoom it on smaller BB units like mine 9810) is http://mobile.aol.com/platform/Other/ and send to mobile.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour

I have posted this on the Blackberry bold forum too which has a similar thread. I have this same problem and have spent hours on the phone with aol, verizon and RIM. RIM have told me that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. They gave me a ticket number and told me to call back in a day or so if it was still a problem.  There is really no solution in sight unless AOL and Rim decide to work this out and I don't think AOL really want to change anything right now. The phone number I got for RIM tech support was 1-877-255-2377.  I really don't want to have to change my e mail as it is associated with so many contacts and accounts but if aol are intransigent here I may well do it.