Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Issues setting emails with both IMAP and Exchange

I am helping out a client who have decided to purchase a load of Blackberry's, this didn't go down to well with us as we find them so difficult to setup with Exchange.

The customer has Windows Small Business Server 2003 as you are aware Exchange is built into this.

They are with O2 for the phones and the model they have is the Curve 8520.

I have tried with various options with both IMAP and Exchange (Outlook Web Access), using just an IP address and with a full http://remote.companyname/exchange

I have done Username with domain name before hand and without.

Oh and have tried using the www.o2email.co.uk as well as directly on the phone.

I get as as far as it telling me to check username or password and contact administrator which we are.

So where are we going wrong?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Issues setting emails with both IMAP and Exchange

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here are a few KB's that might prove useful:

• KB03133How to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access email address with a BlackBerry Internet Service account
  • KB18567BlackBerry Internet Service cannot connect to a Microsoft Outlook Web Access account using Microsoft Exchange 2007 or Microsoft Exchange 2010
  • KB15173Locate the mailbox name for a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2007 email account
  • KB04804Error message appears when attempting to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access 5.5 or 2010 account

Hopefully something there is useful. Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm sorry to say that none of these options work, they are for later versions of Outlook Web Access we are using 

Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access
for Exchange Server 2003

I have double checked the users username and password, I have made sure I can log into outlook web access ok.

There must be something that needs to be done on the server to make this work but I don't know what it is, we actually have a few customers now who cannot setup their Blackberrys to work with Windows SBS 2003 via Exchange or IMAP.

Please someone must be able to assist me?

Richard

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Guessing now...check also your firewall:

• KB11036Firewall and connection requirements for the BlackBerry Internet Service

This is, of course, assuming that no BB's can connect via BIS...if any work for this email service, then the firewall settings would not be causal.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................