Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Issues w/BB 8330 & Outlook calendar synch

I have the BB 8330 Curve

v4.5.0.131 (Platform 3.4.0.35)

Desktop Manager 5.0

Outlook 2007

My Cical is set to Facebook (Outlook Cical was deleted- as recomended from a different post)

Sprint carrier

My synchronization configuration is set to transfer 365 days prior and 365 days after, remove alarm from past dates.

When my BB synchs it goes through all the all the programs to update except Calendar.  I get no errors saying it did not synch and I get no calendar updates.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Issues w/BB 8330 & Outlook calendar synch

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

I do believe you want to reverse what you did with CICAL.  Remove facebook and enter the email address you originally associated with your BB and Outlook.

Let us know how it goes.

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Great Thank you.  Now can I put the Facebook app back on without loosing my synching ability with outlook.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

I think what IrwinII meant was not deleting facebook from the phone. You can keep facebook installed but make sure when you go to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services, the "Calendar [CICAL]" should be set to your email address and not "Facebook". Synching should work fine if you do that.
Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
New Contributor

The only option I have for (CICAL) is Facebook.  I have not found a way to put any other option in there, Outlook is no longer available.  Before when I had Outlook as the connector One of the suggested "resolves" was to delete the Outlook CiCal and that is why it is not there any longer.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

You could delete the Facebook [CICAL] in Options>Advanced Options>Service Books  so that it doesn't interfere with your calendar.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy