Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
SR
My Device: Not Specified

Issues with 8330 and Desktop Manager 4.3

I just got my Curve 8330 yesterday and ever since then I've been trying to sync my devices. I want to use the transfer device wizard and transfer everything (except apps) from my 8830 to my new 8330. When I connect my 8830 it finds it and detects the PIN, however when I plug in my 8330 it says Unknown Device.

I've tried this on two different computers one PC and my Mac with boot camp. I'm running XP Pro.

Does anyone have any ideas on what's up??

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8300

Re: Issues with 8330 and Desktop Manager 4.3

While I'm sorry to say that we don't yet have a feature to transfer the data directly from one BlackBerry to another in PocketMac for the Macintosh OS users, I did notice that your new BlackBerry is one that will require a driver update in order to connect if you plan to sync inside the Macintosh environment in the future. This won't fix your connection problem in the Windows environment... but I just wanted to let you know in case you eventually want to move to the Mac environment.

You would find it on the download page:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/mac.jsp  and start the download process again.  As you move to the download screen, select PocketMac V4.0.20b for BlackBerry.  Then, on the next screen, you have two program choices to download.

It sounds like as a Windows user you may not have already downloaded the first one, under the heading "PocketMac v4.0.20b for BlackBerry."  If you plan to sync in the Mac environment, go ahead and download it and Install that first.

Since you have one of the newest devices (like the 8110, 8120, 8130, 8310 or 8330), you would also need to download the patch that allows you to connect to those as well.  That patch is on the same page, under the heading, "PocketMac Driver update -- DriverUpdate.dmg."  Install that AFTER you have installed the main PocketMac Program. Best of success to you!

---------------
Have a great day!
Anne M.
PocketMac Team
Direct support available for PocketMac for BlackBerry FREE at http://tinyurl.com/RIMsupport
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with 8330 and Desktop Manager 4.3

I just did the same thing (upgraded from 8830 to 8330).  You have to re-install BB Desktop using the disk that came with the Curve.  I had the Curve plugged into the USB port when I did it.  That will load the drivers for the Curve.  Then you can use the transfer wizard and it will work fine.

Good luck,

Joe