Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Verizon Blackberry Tour

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

It's rare I make a phone call using my Blackberry NOT using the Bluetooth connection in my car and I have yet to have anyone say to me that they cannot hear and/or understand.  In fact, my father, who wears a hearing aid, mentioned today when I called him, "hold on, son, I need to take my hearing aid out so I can understand you better."  This means it was TOO loud with his hearing aid amplification, even though his hearing aid has volume control.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

To OurMan -- can you post:

1. Car (mfr/model)

2. Any serial # info that can help us (i.e. lot #/etc.)

3. Mexico vs. Canada production country

I appreciate your support for the Tour, but vague details don't help.

If your information is accurate, there is a flaw with the hardware.  And a bunch of us are screwed.

(and I'm buying an iPhone after three in a row BlackBerry trainwrecks)

New Contributor

I actually have had some issues with my BT on my Car; it's really quiet and echo-ey (If that's a word) for the dialed party, as well.

Not so with Storm previously (One of the few parts that worked as functioned), or Moto Razr previously.

The info is: '06 Mercedes E350; factory Bluetooth. Tour built in Mexico.

I find it funny I can either have a functional phone (Tour), or a functional Bluetooth conversation (Storm) with my RIM products. Smiley Happy

Seriously; I'm sure they'll sort it out, and love the phone otherwise....

-Andy

Highlighted

I have absolutely no problems with my blackberry curve 8330 from verizon.   Just upgraded to Tour 9630, it has never worked properly with my toyota tundra stock bluetooth(always worked with curve).  People had a very difficult time hearing me, and their voices sounded muffled on my side too.  Added sony bt headset and now none of my bt work at all.   Very disappointed with RIM, can't believe they pulled such an amature move on the public.  Give me a break, you telling me that nobody tested these **bleep** phone before shipping them out to the public.  I drive a lot and speak most of the time in my truck.  Have no choice but to go back to curve.   Oh yah.....my screen also flickers.  
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
No problems with Rav4 Car Bluetooth (and Plantronics Voyager Pro headset).
Message Edited by dogill on 07-23-2009 09:54 PM
Contributor

After reading all of this, as much as I'd like the speed/screen size/3G availability of the tour, I'm glad I'm holding out a little while with my Curve.

It works with my Uconnect in my Dodge Ram just perfectly.

New Contributor

I am having issues with my Toyota Prius.  Worked with Curve and Storm.  Now I have a Tour and nobody can hear me.  I have had 4 Tours since 7/18.
Developer
My Device: Tour

@etnlauri:

"I have had 4 Tours since 7/18."

You could get four more Tours and you'll keep having the same problem.  We have to wait until a fix for it comes in an OS update (if that will fix it), or for a different BB. 

New Contributor

I began using my new Blackberry Tour from Verizon on my 2008 Lincoln MKZ on July 14. For almost 18 months I had no problems with my Motorola RAZR. Like almost everyone else in this thread, people cannot hear me well when using the Tour from SYNC. Everything else goes well - syncs immediately and completely including my phone book. I can hear my callers with no problem. In addition, I bought a Tour for my wife for use in her Lincoln MKX and she has the same problem.

After many hours on the phone with Verizon and Blackberry support, they suggested I go to a Verizon store and try another Tour. Same results. I was on the phone again with Blackberry - very courteous - but no resolution. They agree this is not a problem unique to my specific phone, but have nothing else availalbe to offer me at this time.

Because of the BT problems I have been experiencing on my Lincoln MKZ with SYNC  I purchased a Plantronics Voyager Pro earpiece so people can hear me. Seemed to work fine for a few days, but then I was told that I could hardly be heard. Disengaged the earpiece and they heard me fine. Same experience using the BT in my car. Sometimes its OK and most times it is not!

RIM has an issue that needs to be resolved!Smiley Sad

Developer
My Device: Tour

@OurManInCHS:

The problems have not been the volume you hear in the car...but what the people you're talking to hear...a very weak voice.  Every person on Crackberry.com who reports this has the same problem...as did I, before taking my Tour back.