Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Issues with Car Bluetooth and the 9630

I concur with Skeets' post from above.  The revised version (due out soon?) fixes the Bluetooth audio problems.

I never had an issue with disconnects (both of my cars only support voice not phonebook, which is kind of stupid since they're 2008 and 2009 models), so I can't comment on that.

Audio with Jawbone PRIME is great now.

New Contributor

REALLY REALLY liking this new update.  The phone is running MUCH better on all accounts with it.  If what BGR is reporting, VZW should be droping an update on 10/1/09.
New Contributor

To All You Benz owners out there....

The 9630 DOES work with the factory Bluetooth system. But; there's a caveat.

I own an '09 E63 and an '06 E350 4-Matic. Both are COMAND cars, but here's where the dealbreaker is. If your Bluetooth puck is the older style (Chrome edges; nicer looking), you need the newer one. The new one is all black; and looks like a $3 part from WalMart. (Always nice to snap into your fine German automobile.)

My phone connects, disconnects, downloads the contacts, recent calls, all that stuff. Everything but, of course, on screen SMS, which us Americans don't get. My local dealer swapped out the puck; old for new, because my Storm wouldn't connect in October. Your mileage may vary for that one; they retail about $150.

As far as it not being a compatible phone; little is in MB's world. They tried to sell me a Motorola v60, on a cradle, in '09 for my AMG. Needless to say; Moto only contract manufactures the phone, and hasn't made it for general use since '04. Take that for what it's worth.

If you need help, feel free to reach out. I'll get you part numbers, procedures, etc. Believe me; Benz only wants to sell you the Benz phones.

And, the sound quality is pretty good with the new Tour software (.153.) Better than the Storm; worse than my old LG.

-Andy

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Having Audi A-4 Blue tooth issues as well... More frustrating than people telling me they can't hear me is the annoying long screeching buzz when it links up to the car & then  when I receive a call I can't answer it... The Bluetooth disconnects the call although the Blackberry shows that the call is still connected... When I make a call from the Bluetooth it will begin to dial & then disconnect... Every rare once in a while...it actually receives & makes calls correctly... but that is only a few times out of many trials... Verizon seemed unaware until the technician tried it with her Curve & experienced the same thing... Extremely frustrating & as I found the other day dangerous when driving & trying to answer a call.
New Contributor

I tried this fix with some skepticism a week or so & I have to say... the Bluetooth no longer makes that screeching phantom call when the Tour connects up... I have been able to answer calls using the car bluetooth as well as make them without issue... and everyone has told me that the sound quality on the receiving end has improved immensely... So Far So Good... My car is an 08 Audi A4... Did the same with my wife's Tour... which she uses with her 09 Saab... she only had volume issues not the phantom call issue & her volume problem seems to have gone away... I have my fingers crossed... Appreciate the tip...

[ Edited ]
I have the same problem with my 08 GL550.  It connects, makes a phantom call, and then disconnects.  I am very annoyed as I will likely be charged to switch back to my old phone.  If anyone else is having the same problem and will have to pay a return fee to switch to a different phone, feel free to drop me a line at {edit}.
Message Edited by cathy298 on 10-06-2009 08:47 PM
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Daniel, I have the same vehicle and an 08 S.  Both were having those problems you described.  I also have issues with Bluetooth headsets.  I originally had a World Edition Verizon phone which worked fine with both cars.

I did exchange the phone.  It worked for a few days, then went back to the same problem.  I was just about to return the phone when it started operating properly.

I think there may have been an update either on Verizon's side or Mercedes.  You may want to exchange the phone for a new one, and it may work fine.  I would suggest that before you return it.

You can email me at {edit} if you want more details.  Best of luck.  H

Message Edited by cathy298 on 10-06-2009 09:06 PM
New Contributor

I forgot to list the fix... It is the one I read from spiritmike as below...

1) Go to your BT Setup on the Tour

2) Highlight your BT device and go to Device Properties.

3) Disable Encrytion and turn off Echo Control.

Still working fine... no issues with the Audi A4 Bluetooth system...

New Contributor

My original posting to this forum on July 27 stated a very frustrating situation.  A few weeks ago - by accident - I stumbled across the OS update v 4.7.1.53 and performed an update.  This resolved my Bluetooth issues completely.  A few calls to people who complained about not hearing me, now commented that the improvement was like "night and day".

Unfortunately, RIM and/or Verizon recalled this update, but we should expect a revised update very soon.  At least we now know that the problem is definitely a software issue that will be resolved soon. 

car bluetooth is not the only problem... the bluetooth profile in the phone is very poor. As an employee of Verizon Wireless i've seen quite a few issues with this. the phone works with very few headsets, and almost impossible to get the phone to play music over a bluetooth. I have the phone and am not saying this to dog the phone, just hoping that blackberry will recognize the problem and create a fix