Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

Issues with Contact Pictures: Outlook 2010 and BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0.36

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

I have been trying to syncronize my contacts for many days now, with the following problems with the contact pictures:

1) Some contacts simply do not syncronize the pictures: Randomly, some contacts where I add a Picture in Outlook 2010 do not show the pictures in my Blackberry. Even worst: If make a change in any other field, the change in that field is detected, but the former value and value of the picture simply appear blank, even when the contact has a picture in outlook.

2) If I add a picture in Outlook it is first syncronized to the BlackBerry. If I re-run the sync, all the pictures are re-syncronized back again from the BlackBerry to Outlook, but with a lower resolution, reducing the quality of all my contact's pictures. I also syncronize my Outlook to a couple of smartphones from other companies that do display high resolution pictures, diminishing the quality of the pictures displayed in the other devices.

This has been very frustrating, please help.

Thanks,

Marco

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Issues with Contact Pictures: Outlook 2010 and BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0.36

The exact same thing happened to me. I found that if, in Outlook, I open the contact and click on the picture and change it for the same one, it then appears on the device after synching. This is not a feasible solution for all my hundreds of contacts though.... Hopefuly somebody else can shed some light on this issue.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: Issues with Contact Pictures: Outlook 2010 and BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0.36

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, no one from the BlackBerry team has replied (read?) my post. I simply changed the sync options to be unidirectional so that the BB won't replace the pictures with lower quality ones, Of course, I do not use my BB anymore to create new contacts, I do it in my other phones. For those contacts not showing a picture, I deleted the contacts and created them again. I really hope that someone at Blackberry realizes that High Quality contact pictures are appreciated within the BlackBerry users community and that they do something about it.