Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch - 9800
My Carrier: Orange (UK)

Issues with Torch on Orange (UK)

Hello,

just got this phone. I previously had a Bold 8900 which was great.

However, im having some problems with the Torch and im not sure if its the phone or Orange (or me being stupid!)

I never had any signal problems before with the 8900 (also on Orange) and was able to surf the internet on GPRS pretty much anywhere in my office. However, Im finding the Torch is behaving really strangely it either:

1) Suddenly displays the red SOS icon, in places where i've never had problems with reception and where moments earlier I had full 3G reception

2) Despite (apparently) having reception and being able to use MSN messenger, I am unable to use the internet and get an error message saying that i am "Unable to connect to the internet"

Any help would be much appreciated, its the only downside to this otherwise great phone.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Issues with Torch on Orange (UK)

With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

then if it persists you can do a host routing table reset

Let us know how you progress

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Torch

I have this problem aswell, I reboot to sort it out but thats, in no way, a long term fix Smiley Sad

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have seen older SIM cards cause this. Also what OS are you running on it?

go to a new mesage and type MYVER and a space after it to see.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: blackberry torch

ive just done a post on here about the same thing!

im on orange aswell and had my blackberry torch on saturday, the internet was fine untill yesterday.

im unable to get onto the internet via the browser, keeps saying "unable to connect, contact provider if this problem persists" and im unable to use my apps on the phone such as facebook etc

ive tried removing the battery but its still not working Smiley Sad

i dont know what else to do!!

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Orange

Yip, same problem. Done al the reboots I can and now geting problems with calls. Signal failing, not rining etc. Very unimpressed though it would appear to be Orange rather than Blackberry.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Hello,

I'm having data issues as well. Just got the phone two days ago and it was immediately acting up. Spoke to Orange tech support yesterday (21 Oct) and did service book request, hosting table registration, battery pull etc. Problem went away temporarily. Have been on the phone with Orange tech support again for 40 minutes. Seems like they are aware of problems affecting the Torch and trying to get it sorted. Lewis (Orange tech support) says will ring me back once he resolves it.

Good luck!

Contributor
My Device: Z10/9800 Torch
My Carrier: O2

m on Orange had problem too begin withconnecting to internet,also had no email option,only blackberry enterprise server plus blackberry maps was missing.

However when i signed up to Blackberry Internet Services had a tx come through later in the day and all is working ok now,but i do get a red SOS comeup somtimes but not for long think it due to connection with Orange/Tmobile dropping.

My Device: Blackberry Torch

Got exactly thr same problem.  Occasionally internet access is fine, and then, with 3G and full five bar service, no internet access.  'Unable to connect to the internet.  Try again later.  If problem persists, contact your network provider.'  Have pulled the batter, done the host table thing etc. etc.  Not getting any sense ou of Orange.  Help.

Regular Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, I just joined this forum due to the exact same problems. On my second torch in a month on orange from phones4u. My signal goes through a random cycle, big 3G, small 3g, sos, then off! And the battery life is terrible, partially due to these signal errors. I too have had full 3G but the browser won't connect even when other applications are using the internet fine. I have had numerous conversations with orange who can't help. My girlfriend has the same phone with no problems, only difference is I used the device switch wizard to change from my 9700, where as she never bothered. Could this be the problem? If anyone has the fix for this, please let me know!