Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Issues with Trackball...extremely annoying

For some reason my trackball is randomly selecting different icons even if I am not touching the phone.  Some days it works fine and doesn't do anything, but there are times, sometimes days at a time, that it just freaks out and I can't even use it.  Just randomly clicks and makes phone calls, sends blank responses to texts and e-mails.  Is there anyway to disconnect the track ball from selecting things, so that the trackball is used just to move around and then use the enter button to select what I want?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Issues with Trackball...extremely annoying

Press firmly and roll IN the direction the ball does not want to roll. Often it is dust or lint that blocks or accumulates in the trackball and that will clear it. This is common especially for people who keep their BB in their pocket or purse. I would recommend a holster.

And read this link

If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

No the trackball rolls and moves etc.  The problem is it selects icons etc without me even pressing down on the ball.  Even when I dont have the phone in my hands and noone is touching it.  Whatever icon the "cursor" is on the phone starts selecting.  Its as if someone is pressing down on the trackball though noone is.  As a result when I am on a conversation the trackball selects to mute the conversation even though I did nothing.  If the cursor is on my e-mail icon it will select it and go in and reply to e-mails (obviously without any text as it's just the trackball selecting things and if your on the email icon and press the trackball it will go into the e-mail, then its cursor will now be on and e-mail and then it selects the email bringing up a menu and the first thing is to reply so it replies etc etc...happens really fast though)

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Here is a link I read from Bifocals who was helpin someone with a similar problem.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Follow NurseBerry08 on Twitter
My Device: 8130
My Carrier: ATT

Help !

I am facing similar problem. I don't think it has anything to do with trackball. Since,  my 8130 handset operates randomly by itself, in the same manner described above. 

I do not have a clue how to fix it. I have tried resetting the BB but to no avail.