Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

Issues with bold restarting, not connecting to computer and not updating

So my Bold has been randomly turning off as if the battery died and will reboot over and over again until it is connected to the charger and/or I pop the battery. I have done a complete wipe of the system and started from scratch several times but to no avail. It seems to turn off more often when I'm browsing the internet. The phone also no longer connects to any computer with any operating system or version. The computer knows it is connected, but sees it as an unknown device, sometimes I get a message saying that the device has malfunctioned or that it is not reconized. I have tried several different things but once again I have no helpful results. I would like to update the OS on the phone to see if that is what is causing it to turn off on me, but it will not run a wireless update (I get a message saying the phone is unable to send request for availible updates) and I can't connect the phone to the computer to update it. I love my Bold and would like to continue to use it so if anyone has any ideas or solutions I would greatly appreciate it.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: MEP (0 left)

Re: Issues with bold restarting, not connecting to computer and not updating

In the first time, wipe your device, using loader for Bold, search in google, 'FreeWhiteBold', download and run. your device will be to Factory OS.
Step 2: using AppLoader, Connect your device to PC without Batt, and at the msg dispay show "Reconnecting to JVM", insert your batt. Wait until finished..
Step 3: if Step 2 can"t to solve your problem, search in google, 'instalador rapido' for your Bold, download and run to install your device software.
Click "Accept as Solution" if your issue is resolved. To give thanks, click thumbs up