Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

It can't be this difficult.. help!

How can i preview and change the pre-existing ringtones on the Blackberry? I just got this phone a day ago and i'm quite confused. The user manual says nothing about it. I'm not interested in paying for ringtones when there are plenty that already come with the phone. I've done all the so called difficult tasks such as set up email addresses but i cannot for the life of me figure out how i can change the ringtone. I don't mean assign a specific ring to one person but for all calls, in general. If i could just listen to what the tone sounds like.. how do i do it? Also, how do i assign an alert tone to notify me of a newly recieved text or email message?  I appreciate any pointers or suggestions. Many thanks.

New Contributor

Re: It can't be this difficult.. help!

You can go to the 'Media' icon on your home screen. Open this and scroll to 'Ringtones' Open this anb scroll to 'all ringtones' when you highlight any of the tones you can press the menu key and there will be a list of options to choose from.
New Contributor

Thank you very much, Timbuck2! That worked. One additional question: how can i assign one of those ringtones for a text message alert? There doesn't seem to be anything here that allows me to do that, perhaps i am missing something? Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have figured it out, finally! Smiley HappyNo more pestering!!