Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM ERROR 513

I'm sorry to say this, but the thing is that since it didn't work I erased it form my computer and I don't quite remmember the exact page where I got the program..... and thanks for your information but I already fixed the phone.... by the way, I own another blackberry curve 8320 that works perfect but I believe the software is old... do you happen to know where can I get the newest version of my software??? (MY ACTUAL SOFTWARE IS v4.2.2.180)

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Great!

You can download the latest version of software fron your carriers blackberry web page.

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star

.Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Excuse ignorance, but I donwloaded the divice software upgrade V4.5 that's available in the blackberry homepage, but afeter I run it just like the page says to do it, it just won't upgrade my device's software to v4.5 even though y also tried to load it with the applications loader.... It also says "YOU HAVE THE LATEST VERSION" but my device says it's using the same version as before with no changes whatsoever, do you happen to know what happened?? did I do anything wrong??? is there something missing?? Thank You for your patience and your answers, you've been really helpfull
Guru I

Like I said, I would reload the latest device OS from your carrier. OS 4.5 is an upgrade that is not released by the

carriers. Also, in this case, it would add another possible problem to the original one. We should try to get it back

to the original state first.

What do you think, sound right?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

I'm sorry what's my CARRIER?? is it like my phone company?? remmember that we're talking of another blackberry curve 8320 that works as it should.... the original state I believe is v4.2.2.188, I just want to upgrade that version so that I can rcord video with my bb and also manage office documents (word and powerpoint),

By the way, to do the previous actions, do I have to install the new OS version that installs them automaticly?? or can I just download the application???

Guru I

Hi,

Your carrier is like Verizon Tmobile etc.

I thought we were working on just the one that was broke.

Again, in my opinion you should wait for your Vendor approved release of 4.5., but it's your decision.

Make sure that when your load the new device software to the PC, you delete the vendor.xml file

Here is the procedure to upgrade the device:

Check the below -

Step #1

Before starting make sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer.

Step#2

Make sure that you have installed updated device software installed in your PC. Check this link to get update device software from carrier OS download site.

Step#3

Users can perform a full or selective backup of the data using the Backup and Restore tool in BlackBerry Desktop Manager by completing the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer running BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Double-click Backup and Restore.
  4. Select Backup to perform a full backup or select Advanced to perform a backup of specific databases.
  5. Choose a location to save the backup file, then click Save.

Step#4

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Contributor

Thank you very much for your patience and your help, I really can't tell you how much I appreciate it, now, there's one thing that I have to do, I believe it's something about cehking or doing something in the page if your answer solved my problems, what do I have to do??? could you guide me one last time?? haha, thanks again.

Contributor

I'm sorry I forgot to tell you this, how can I install word and powerpoint ducument manager application (or something like that) and the video recording camera application to my blackberry??, do they come with my new software?? or do I have to download and install them manually??? thank you.

Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm glad you have it running!

I believe you are talking about Docs to go, there should be a new Icon on the screen for it.

As far as the video, I understand it's the same thing. You should have a camera Icon, and a Camcorder Icon

The way to close the post is Higllighted below.

Good working with you!

Thanks,

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 10-02-2008 07:32 PM

Contributor

I'm sorry, but this time trying to update my sister's bb (the same that I have), at the momment where I have to mark the box Erase all currently installed applications, it doesn't appear, i mean, there's no way that I can choose that option, it's like semi-erased... do you know what's happening??? do I have to do anything else?? becasue I followed the steps you told me one by one making shure I was doing the right thing..