Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: JVM ERROR 513

Here you go!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15835&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Just so I can plan my retirement....how many BB'S DO you have? Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have three bb's haha that's why i'm so messed up hahaha, thank you for your help
Guru I

That's the three that you own up to, but I bet your hidin' out 4 or 5 more! Smiley Happy

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

HahHahaha seriously we have just 3 of them, hopefully we'll get more, but we have only three for now.... by the way, i'm sorry to bother you again, but the app loader even though I oppened through an alternate way, still won't show me the box I need Smiley Frustrated, does that have to do with the version of the desktop softaware?? mine is v4.2, do I need to install anotherone?? if so, does the v4.6 work to execute the DEVICE software v4.5 and install it the blackberry???
Guru I

Where are you at?

Procedure

Before proceeding, make sure that the latest BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on the computer by completing the following steps:

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Click Help.
  3. Select About Desktop Manager from the menu and select the Device Software tab.
  4. Confirm that the BlackBerry Device Software displayed is the latest version currently available from the service provider.

For instructions on how to download the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, see KB12532.

Warning: The following procedure will erase all data from the BlackBerry smartphone. Back up the BlackBerry smartphone before proceeding. For instructions, see KB12487.

To perform a clean install of the BlackBerry Device Software, perform the following steps:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Double-click the Application Loader icon.
  3. Click Next to start the installation process.
  4. Type your BlackBerry smartphone password, if prompted, and click OK.
  5. Click the check boxes next to the names of the applications you want to load, and then click Next.
  6. Click Advanced, and then click the check box beside Erase all currently installed applications.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Click the check box next to Do not automatically backup the application data during the loading process.
  9. Clear the box next to Backup and restore applications installed wirelessly.
  10. Click Next > Finish.
  11. When the process has completed, the message The loading operation was successful will appear. Click Close to return to BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Contributor

There we go, FINALLY fixed my problem haha now I can say that I'm sorry for what I put you through, and that I really appreciate what you did for me, thank you very much, now al finally close the post haha.. good bye
Guru I

Okay, great.....NOW GET LOST! Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Have a good night!

Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I own several BB in the household and I appreciate your sharings.

It's been a few times and I never took the battery out, just plugged the phone to the computer and open BB Desktop Manager, then Application Loader as you described and...wait.

Done. Not only with JVM 513, also with JVM 507.

Thanks.

My Device: Curve 8320

This doesn't work, some of the things your telling people to do(in my case) don't come up on my Desktop Mananger.

HELP?

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Sprint

same happened to me, same solution, but the step by step is a little outdated, try this link for better instructions

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&s...

hope this helps!