Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: storm 9500

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

hey so i suck at stuff like this.. truly..6 hours to figure out yo!
now im on the last step and i just cant do it..

so this is what i have:

C:\Users\Raii\Documents\JL_Cmderx20v1.9[1]>javaloader.exe -u erase =f net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t-27

i hit the enter and it just gives me the C:\Users\Raii\Documents\JL_Cmderx20v1.9[1]> part again.. where am i going wrong? Smiley Sad

seriously frustrating.
thanks for any help! Rai x

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Raii wrote:

i hit the enter and it just gives me the C:\Users\Raii\Documents\JL_Cmderx20v1.9[1]> part again.. where am i going wrong? Smiley Sad

If it's not giving you an error message, it probably worked.. have you tried turning on your phone? Smiley Wink

New Contributor

yeah tried turning it on but got the same error messege so i went through the steps again and now its telling me "The system cannot find the path specified" ..how do i find this path?

Contributor

Raii wrote:

yeah tried turning it on but got the same error messege so i went through the steps again and now its telling me "The system cannot find the path specified" ..how do i find this path?

See if this post helps: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&view=by_date_ascending&message.i...

New Contributor

iv read that and copied everything it says in the screen shot but obviously with my code and it just says ''javaloader.exe'' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or hatch file Smiley Sad
Contributor

Raii wrote:
iv read that and copied everything it says in the screen shot but obviously with my code and it just says ''javaloader.exe'' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or hatch file Smiley Sad

Hmm.. manually browse to that folder and make sure javaloader.exe actually exists there...?  I don't know what else to tell you Smiley Sad

This worked for my Rogers BlackBerry Bold.

The file I had to erase was "net_rim_bb_phone_app".  After I erased it, rebooted my phone, my phone booted up ok.  

Thanks Shmoo for the info.  Really helpful.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

if it didnt give you an error, it probably deleted it successfully. and if you boot again and still get the 102 error, start from step 1, the themes is probably gone but now you have a second corrupt .cod file and will now need to erase that one.

Just wanted to add, my phone booted up ok but I lost all phone calling functionality.  It was enough to back up my data.

I got a set of instructions from Rogers to delete and install the BlackBerry OS handheld software.  I did this and now my phone is working fine.  Call Rogers and they will email you these instructions.

Cheers.

Thank you very much for sharing! It worked perfectly and the instructions were very easy to follow.

Regards,

Sarah G.