Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM --

mbolin wrote:
Ok... so followed your instructions with no luck.  (The problem is with my husbands BB.)  I tried plugging mine in and the instructions work fine.  My husbands BB is showing as a USB Mass Storage not a BB.  Needless to say I still got the error message unable to open port.  Do you think we'll lose everything?

Something is very wrong if javaloader cannot connect to your BB... unfortunately, I have no idea how to help Smiley Sad

New Contributor

Shmoo im having an error 102 i do all the steps but it keeps disconnecting saying the port timed out then i get an error 517 on the phone what can i do the event log doesnt show anything like the error for the 102 either
Contributor

ceboyett wrote:
Shmoo im having an error 102 i do all the steps but it keeps disconnecting saying the port timed out then i get an error 517 on the phone what can i do the event log doesnt show anything like the error for the 102 either

Apparently the 517 error means that the file system is corrupt.. Do some research on that error, but you might have to wipe everything and start over. Smiley Sad

New Contributor

i appreciate it ill just wipe it clean all i wanted was the numbers off of it guess they are gone!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Were you successful in the wipe?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8830

Shmoo,

Question:  When I complete step #6 it says it is not recognized.  I have verified the address for he JL Cmder in the program files but still no luck...HELP!

Thanks. 

New Contributor

OK, I finally got this thing figured out but now when I try to delete the file name it says: error: module is in use.  It says this for any file I try to delete????????????

Thanks...Dave

Contributor

David1972 wrote:

OK, I finally got this thing figured out but now when I try to delete the file name it says: error: module is in use.  It says this for any file I try to delete????????????

Thanks...Dave

That is odd... what is the name of the module?

New Contributor

verifyHash failed for net_rim_bb_media_8830_320x240_b-21(404)

When this happened I was downloading an update for the BB app Poynt.  Reading the threads is kinda cool.  It's like pressing the replay button..................WAIT.........it worked..........as I was typing this message I went through the pocess again and it worked...sort of.  I have an error code 205 now.  I'll review some meassage threads.  I'm pretty sure I saw that error somewhere.

Thanks 

Dave

New Contributor

Schmoo-

Hopefully this will help, it's on my wife's BB. Unfortunately, her and phones don't really mix well.

First background - she got the 102 error. Maybe this si the same for everyone who gets it, but the device displays the error with an option to reset.  Whenever clicked, it thinks for a while, then goes back to the error.  Like others before on here, I had trouble doing anything on our Vista machine, but it started to work on our XP machine (started being the operable phrase).

So, I followed your directions and downloaded JL_Cmder and installed it.  Then I attached the device to the computer using the USB cable that came with it.  The comp I connected it to does not have BB Desktop software installed, and when I connected teh device, it wanted to install drivers.  I cancelled out of that and did not install anything.

With the device connected (and still displaying the 102 error message), I ran JL_Cmder and selected option 2.  When I did so, I got the following message:

RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader

Copyright 2001-2007 Research in Motion Limited

Connecting to device...debug: HRESULT error during Open: 80040154

Error: unable to open port

Command completed!

Clear the event log? (Y/N)

The event log that opened up was blank.  Any help?  Much appreciated.