Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

JVM Error 102

Hey guys !

I have a BB bold 9000 (yeah I sometimes myself wonder...WHY still! )

Couple of days ago I dismantled the phone to clean the trackball as it had gotten stuck real bad ! However, once I put it all back together (which took a while), I am getting the "white screen of death" (from some research)...i.e. JVM Error 102.

I have not backed up my BBM or phone contacts...and at this point I dont really care abt the phone but its the contacts I am worried about....

Any way at all to recover them thru desktop manager ? 

Cheers !

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: JVM Error 102

mridul127 wrote:

Hey guys !

I have a BB bold 9000 (yeah I sometimes myself wonder...WHY still! )

Couple of days ago I dismantled the phone to clean the trackball as it had gotten stuck real bad ! However, once I put it all back together (which took a while), I am getting the "white screen of death" (from some research)...i.e. JVM Error 102.

I have not backed up my BBM or phone contacts...and at this point I dont really care abt the phone but its the contacts I am worried about....

Any way at all to recover them thru desktop manager ? 

Cheers !

Hi mridul127,

While your BlackBerry powered ON, pull out the battery and reinsert again. If the problem persists, read these articles.

Good luck!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks for the advice...will try it out and get back to you ! Cheers ! appreciate the prompt response...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

mridul127 wrote:

Thanks for the advice...will try it out and get back to you ! Cheers ! appreciate the prompt response...

Ok. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"