11-16-2009 08:33 PM
Need some help here guys
OS 10.6 Snow Lepard
BB: 8310 (Use = 1 yr)
Carrier: AT&T (Locked)
History: No problems ever
Current History - Problem:
Downloaded the new BB Desktop operating system tonight (BlackBerry Desktop Manager 1.0.1 build 2 For Mac OS 10.5+). Reboot and connected USB to BB - Update started and progressed until approx. 50% complete -
Error message "B.B.D.M. failed to connect to your B.B. devise. Reconnect your devise and try again" - Did that - Same error message - Disconnected USB from computer - BB goes into White screen with "JVM Error - 513 / Reset" - Hit reset - Same screen - Retry - Same screen - Take battery out, wait 1 min/Replace - Same Screen - Take battery SIM and MeM card(s) out - Replace battery - Same Screen
Now have a paperweight where I usta' have a life - Where is Blackberry support on this one - Need this ASAP!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-16-2009 09:03 PM
Hey, sorry for your pain...in any case...did you make a back up before trying to install new software? I hope so. Go here to unbrick your phone:
take your time and be patient. Also make sure you have removed ALL syncing software from your mac before installing DM...if you didn't then uninstall all of it, trash it, empty trash, restart and repair permissions and then reinstall DM.
11-16-2009 11:12 PM
YES - This did work!!
Took about and hour total time (Comcast Cable line) But it did get me back up.
I will post some issues that were not exactly as the link said but THE ABOVE PROCEDURE/LINK will get your phone back to functioning.
You may have to play with the number of times it stalls, But it did work for me. I now have a WORKING phone again. Lost my Calender files. Addresses were saved. Call history and notes saved as well. Will update more as I find out.
Statman - I can not THANK YOU enough for the post - Got my life back. Funny (Not Ha Ha either) how dependent/slave we have become to our technology.
My Friend, that I will never meet, THANK YOU!!
11-17-2009 12:53 AM
OK people here is my journey through this:
During this time the phone will usually shut off automatically before the program can finish downloading the files. You have to disconnect the device and quit out of DM. Re-plug in the device and it will sit for a moment before going through step #5 again. Sometimes this has to be done 2-3 times.
My mac never shut off. Ever. It just stayed on, not downloading anything. (I know this because I watched the lights on my modem, and the download lights were dark)
9. Next Step: (#6. After the OS is downloaded the program will begin loading it onto the phone. At this point the phone will shut off again and the wipe process is essentially complete.)
10. This (#6) never happened for me. In fact my phone NEVER shut off on it’s own. I disconnected it at every stage manually. I disconnected it at every stage that the instructions said it would happen automatically. I just waited WAY past sure that the program was finished (Thus the hour time frame).
11. (#7) This was where I had the most trouble. I kept waiting for the “Devise to restart” even after the progress bar was at the end/100%. So I waited and waited and waited, finally I disconnected my USB from the phone (EVEN THOUGHT THE SCREEN SAYS NOT TO THIS) (I got frustrated).
12. (#8 took a long time – 5/6mins) I waited for the phone to reboot on it’s own (took a little while – 2/3mins.) But after about 10 minutes it came back up at the “Set-up” prompt.
13. Had to go throught a few set up things to get it back to the home screen then it was back working,.
14. Home screen was all wrong. But most of my data was still there.
15. Was a glutton for punishment, and loaded the 1.0.1 Mac Desktop Manager back on. Did a restore to see what would happen. Restored all my preferences back - AND - Pictures and Backgrounds. (LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY S.O.B., cause I still do not remember ever performing a backup of that stuff.
16. I did loose my Calendar files. Have not been able to find them. (Small price to pay at this point)
Well that’s my story – Hope it helps
12-08-2009 11:18 PM
Please help, im stuck at # 4 and # 5...
after I connect the phone to te mac and the DM pops up. it says device waiting to start, after that the blackberry unit shuts down and the red LED lights and in the DM is says connecting, After a few minutes the DM shows device failed to start and repeats the same process over and over. What should I do? The evice doesnt even ask for my password and it did'nt ask me what OS should i load on the phone. I have a blackberry 9700 with OS 5.0.321 it think. please help
12-11-2009 08:58 AM
I am a new MAC user. It's MAC OS X. I have a BB bold and just downloaded the new DM 2 days ago. Syncing the address book worked but not iCal. My girlfriend downloaded Pocket Mac 3 months ago but it's under her account. The new DM is under my account. I read your post and I wonder if I have to delete Pocket MAC even if it's under a different account. Is it interfering with the new DM?
Also, I wonder if I am better off using Gmail calendar since it can be synced wirelessly, correct?