Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Vodacom
Accepted Solution

JVM Error 545

Hi

My cell (Curve 9380) is giving me white screen with black text saying JVM error 545 Reset. When I choose reset it gets half way with the start-up and then through out the same screen. I did take out the battery and it does exactly the same thing. How do I fix this problem?

M

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: JVM Error 545

Hi MaryFairy

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

To recover your device from this error please follow this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

I hope you have a backup of your device because this method will delete all data within your device.

Additional Information :

KB12077 : "JVM error 545" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi prince2012

Thank you for the info but it is not working when trying to reconnect to JVM it gives the following error:

"Connection Prompt - Application Loader was unable to connect with your device. Please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, and click Retry."

I have done so, and it continues to give the same error when Reconnecting to JVM.

What's the next step?

Elite II

MaryFairy wrote:

I have done so, and it continues to give the same error when Reconnecting to JVM.

Oh that is bad ! your device failed in the most crucial part !

Hey Mary , please try the same steps a few more time , try another usb ports sometime it require a few attempts to get pass that Reconnecting phase .

If the above methods fails then you have to try somthing different , for that follow those instructions :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Try those steps and let us know of your progress.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Nope, nothing works tried both methods repeatedly. I guess I will just have to take it in to my service provider.

Elite II

Hi Mary

If those methods are unable to recover then I think its a major hardware issue and you have to contact your Service Provider for further help.As a last options you can try this :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

Good luck.

New Contributor

You are a SUPERSTAR, it finally worked now it is just getting all my bbm contacts again, everything else is still there, videos, pictures, music and all my phone numbers.

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

Elite II

Hey Mary that's great .. Really glad to know that your device back to normal Smiley Happy

As your issue has been resolved please mark this thread as solved which might help other users if they face the same issue Smiley Happy