Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9220
My Carrier: GLOBE

Re: Japanese Language

ok, i unistalled the software (OS) i had which is the desktop software for bb it's version is 7.1.

then i downloaded the link you gave me.

after downloading, i installed the OS and connected it to my phone.

and when i opened the applications menu on the left side of the window, it shows the applications i have installed on my phone via wifi.

sorry for the short replies...
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi mao_aya

Thanks for those clarifications.

As you're unable to view those please note a few things , first be sure that you have no other BlackBerry Device software installed in your PC other then the one you Installed recently,When you're sure that you have only the recent OS on your PC then go to those location and delete those VENDOR .XML files which are located at :

Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders ) :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

then connect your device and run desktop software, please note if you are unable to view those OS core files in application list then it might be because of any of these VENDOR files or if OS itself is not installed prpoerly .

So start from the beganing. If you have the OS setup file saved on any other drive then first Uninstall each and every OS files from your PC , Go to Control panel > Add to Remove programe Or Uninstall a Programe > On that list if  you see any RIM device Software delete those from there , restart your PC , then Install the OS pack on your PC by double clicking the Downloaded file . Once it is Installed Go to those locations and delete those VENDOR .XML ( there may be two or three Vendor files ) files from that locations . Then connect your device and run Desktop Software . I hope it will allow you to view or add those languages.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

ok i finally got it~

thank you for your patience, and sorry for being slow...

Elite II

mao_aya wrote:

ok i finally got it~

thank you for your patience, and sorry for being slow...

Hey mao_aya

So can I assume you're issue has been resolved and you're able to get those languages !

Let me know Smiley Happy

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

yeah, you definitely can

thanks a lot~

Elite II

mao_aya wrote:

yeah, you definitely can

thanks a lot~

Hi mao_aya

You are welcome... I am glad that you're able to achieve the Goal  Smiley Happy

Cheers !