Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: 02
Accepted Solution

Japenese Input on the Bold 9790

Hi All,

I am trying to change the input language on my Blackberry Bold 9790 from English to Japenese i have used so many versions of blackberry desktop manager and i just can not seem to get it to work. Has anyone got this working yet or know a solution on how to fix this?

Speak Soon

Sunny

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Japenese Input on the Bold 9790

Hi Sunny,

I've tried to reload device code for 9790 using the desktop software and loader, but haven't been succesfull Smiley Sad

Update option from the desktop software fails, as it can't find any newer file, and loader delete device data but I don't think it's uploading the code I've downloaded.

I've tried Hatchison jAllLanguage, Hong Kong CSL jAlllanguage and jAsia, but none of them are working.

I'm not certain whether this is due to input not available of loarder is failing.

will test bit further and update.

cheers,

M

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: 02

Hi,

I found the solution to this by going to the software download site and then looking at Europe and then BT i downloaded the j package and then used Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.7 to install them. I had to down grade the version on the blackberry but managed to upload Japanese Input

Kind Regards,

Sunil

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Sunil,

Thanks, BT code worked! 

I have Desktop Software v6.1 installed on machine, so just used application loader to replace the code.